Position Title: Financial Management Analyst|
Position summary: The Financial Manager shall consolidate and review budget submissions in preparation of the Regional budget; prepare Regional budgets program objective controls based on guidance from leadership; maintain current year funding requests and provide a client liaison to the Departmental Program Manager. Services include the following specific requirements:
- Independently perform a variety of tasks related to budget and records maintenance and support the annual budget execution. Transactions involve two or more appropriations with different guidelines and procedures, or a comparable mix of appropriated fund and/or revolving fund accounts.
- Review execution of funds to identify problem trends and possible issues.
- Use current execution and prior year execution to project remaining costs for the fiscal year and identify shortfalls and/or excesses in funding.
- Produce execution status brief on a monthly basis incorporating information uncovered during execution reviews.
- Maintain prior year, current year and out year control changes tracking spreadsheet/database.
- Review and research control changes and identify to the Budget Officer those changes that are outside of normal inflation.
- Assist in the development of budget and mid-year review exhibits.
- Assist in the dissemination of controls to include updating spending plans/OPTARs.
- Perform cost analysis projects for specific programs/SICs as requested.
- Deal effectively with callers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure work products and processes adhere to the Department of Navy correspondence and guidelines furnished by higher authority.
- Ensure consistency of FM procedures and adjust processes accordingly to remain within acceptable financial guidance and standards.
- Attend meetings as required and present program related matters;. These include, but are not limited to, meetings with Program Managers and Analysts, Upper Management and other staff members concerning execution trends, program requirements and data calls.
- Maintain files and correspondence, input, review and collect data from various computer systems, prepare, modify, and update program briefs.
- Develop and manage complex spreadsheets.
- Prepare templates, compile data, and track completion of all program data calls.
- Financial Management Support/Budget Branch Desk must be manned from 0700-1600 Monday-Friday except for federal holidays for duration of the contract.
- Ensure FM procedures remain within acceptable financial guidance and standards.
- Prioritize work accurately IAW degree of importance.
- Accurately maintain FM files.
- Prepare and provide clear and concise reports as required. These include, but are not limited to, execution/trend reports, status reports, and budget data call reports.
- Wide knowledge of principles of governmental budgeting and accounting and finance.
- Attendance and punctuality are critical to this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Security: NACLC background investigation required. Position is Non-Critical Sensitive access to DoD systems applications which requires DoD background check equivalent to NACLC investigation for IT-II access. No access to classified material granted. Employee must maintain eligibility throughout employment.
Education and Experience: Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in business or a finance-related field or have, at a minimum, of two (2) years directly related experience on STARS/FL accounting system, CFMS, COGNOS, CNIC Gateway and TWMS. Experience shall relate directly to the required supported systems and types of data. Personnel shall be capable of operating desktop computers utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint). Personnel shall posses and demonstrate knowledge and application of accounting theories, concepts, principles and standards.
CTI is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity.